Status
Not open for further replies.

MysteryChicken

Preserving Gamefowl, 1 Variety At a Time🇮🇳🇺🇸
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
May 31, 2018
Tawas City, Michigan
Hello, rescued a kitten in poor shape last night, she has worms(Ordered Dewormer, arriving Tuesday), is thin, & has goopy eyes.

We'll be cleaning the eyes soon. I was wondering if Terramycin can be used in the kitten's eyes in case there's an infection?

I'll need help with dewormer dosage after it arrives.

The kitten is between 6 - 10 weeks of age, has teeth, & able to eat solid food.

I can get pictures of the cutie in a bit.

Last edited:
Hey! so im not able to answer your question but if you have a Facebook account there are some amazing cat groups for cat owners, and they should be able to help you out!

Hello there! Glad to hear you got the lil guy. Yes, Terramycin is safe for the kitten. Considering the age, I'd only give a drop per eye. If you have a saline solution, use that first to clean the eyes... Since he is thin, make sure you feed him Gerber baby food (Chicken, Beef or Turkey- Turkey can help with stool.) He'll be very happy if you mix that up with some warm water. If you can also order the liquid kitten milk replacer online (not the powdered- causes tummy issues) that will help put some skin on his bones. If he has diarrhea, you'll need to find an anti diarrhetic asap... Albon° is very good and is safe for kittens.

Finally, if you can, get some Colloidal Silver. My family has been doing animal rescue for over 20yrs, 3 of our cats were rescues from the last year. Colloidal Silver has never failed us. I would buy 250ppm and give him about 3ccs to start (3 droppers). It's homeopathic and has anti bacterial and anti fungal properties and works. If the little guys has an infection, that'll help fix him up. (You can also take it yourself or place some in the water bowls of any other animals you may have to boost their immunity.)

P.S. What brand of Dewormer did you buy? Some can cause more problems than they solve...

Hello there! Glad to hear you got the lil guy. Yes, Terramycin is safe for the kitten. Considering the age, I'd only give a drop per eye. If you have a saline solution, use that first to clean the eyes... Since he is thin, make sure you feed him Gerber baby food (Chicken, Beef or Turkey- Turkey can help with stool.) He'll be very happy if you mix that up with some warm water. If you can also order the liquid kitten milk replacer online (not the powdered- causes tummy issues) that will help put some skin on his bones. If he has diarrhea, you'll need to find an anti diarrhetic asap... Albon° is very good and is safe for kittens.

Finally, if you can, get some Colloidal Silver. My family has been doing animal rescue for over 20yrs, 3 of our cats were rescues from the last year. Colloidal Silver has never failed us. I would buy 250ppm and give him about 3ccs to start (3 droppers). It's homeopathic and has anti bacterial and anti fungal properties and works. If the little guys has an infection, that'll help fix him up. (You can also take it yourself or place some in the water bowls of any other animals you may have to boost their immunity.)

P.S. What brand of Dewormer did you buy? Some can cause more problems than they solve...
Baby has normal poop, no diarrhea. It was green, so I think that had to do with it being starved for awhile.

Dewormer is Pyrantel Pamoate. It was recommended for the last kitten we had.

Baby has normal poop, no diarrhea. It was green, so I think that had to do with it being starved for awhile.

Should be fine. Dosage is 2.5mg/lb. Be sure to keep an eye out for rapid breathing or nausea as it can be caused by Pyrantel. Best of luck! Hope the baby gets better soon 🤞

Keep an eye on the stool though... green poo usually means an infection or problems with the Liver and/or Pancreas

Here she is.
20220715_104937.jpg
20220715_104947.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom