Rescued rooster - what breed?

Chantecler are a little to rare of a breed for me to believe somebody would just dump him...

It looks like an EE, with a missing beard, which would make sense if he was housed with other males. You can't say it's not an EE due to wrong leg color because EEs have no standard.
wink.png

Quote:
EE's aren't a true breed anyway so they can have just about any color legs.

I still disagree that that is the case here though. The Chantecler idea sounds promising. Do you know what color legs they have?

Then what about the Pea comb? And last I checked Chanteclers weren't bearded.

Quote:
I still disagree that that is the case here though. The Chantecler idea sounds promising. Do you know what color legs they have?

Oops Yeah Your Right but I don't see a beard
wink.png
and Alright i just vote no on EE

You can tell the beard has been plucked out. If this roo was housed with other males there's a very good chance they picked each other.

Quote:

Oops Yeah Your Right but I don't see a beard
wink.png
and Alright i just vote no on EE

You may not see but that doesn't mean it's not there. You don't see the straggly smaller feathers around the edges? I don't see what else it could be..

Looks very gamey to me; I know there are some games with pea combs, but I'm not up to speed enough to be able to call them out by breed. His colour looks pretty correct to be an EE; not saying it couldn't happen, but without standards seems unlikely.

The curve in his face is very Ameraucana-y.

I vote for EasterEgger, with both hands raised high. He has a plucked beard, and an EE is a cross between an Ameraucana/Araucana and ANY other breed, including games. He doesn't look pure game to me, and since I know of absolutely 0 game breeds with muffs/beard.....(which isn't saying alot, I don't like games except for cubalayas).

Back
Top Bottom