Rescued rooster - what breed?

He is a gorgeous rooster, that's for sure.

I have an EE rooster and everybody is surprised by his comb NOT being the expected pea comb.
41679_carl-expressive.jpg

So I wouldn't discount that rooster's EE-ness just because of his type of comb. Not to say he isn't a Chantecler or whatever, just wanted to throw in the "doesn't have to have a pea comb" bit to the EE side of the discussion.

Thanks for all of the input. This guy is needing a home, so if anyone is near Southern Indiana and is interested just let me know. He seems to like me better than my husband. That is I picked him up without much fuss and he runs from my husband.

Laura

My EE male also did not have a pea comb. He had a modified pea comb or "wad of bubble gum" comb. HAHA It did look like a wad of bubble gum. Also not saying he is or isn't, just saying.

Most EEs do not have a perfect pea comb, being just that they are what they are..... a cross. Usually the males display this more dramatically than the females. I don't think I have an EE with a decent pea comb
lol.png

Granted I have EEs that some have muffs/beards and some without, but none like the one in question. I do however have EEs with the same comb as the roo in question. Mine came from a hatchery.

Back
Top Bottom