Here are a couple of photos.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 11
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 10
I want to avoid people who actually want gamecocks for fighting. I was going to sell them before but it's a lot more difficult now.
"State Action. Cockfighting is illegal in all 50 states; Louisiana's cockfighting ban, passed in 2007, is the most recent. ... Although all states ban cockfighting, some states go further by prohibiting ancillary activities such as possessing cocks or implements for cockfighting and attending cockfighting events."
Rooster fighting is illegal. No one will use the roosters for fighting, so as long as you find them a home were the owners wont eat them, they will have a happy life.

"State Action. Cockfighting is illegal in all 50 states; Louisiana's cockfighting ban, passed in 2007, is the most recent. ... Although all states ban cockfighting, some states go further by prohibiting ancillary activities such as possessing cocks or implements for cockfighting and attending cockfighting events."
Rooster fighting is illegal. No one will use the roosters for fighting, so as long as you find them a home were the owners wont eat them, they will have a happy life.
FYI, just because it is against the law doesn't mean that it won't happen ;)

It really depends on your area. Craigslist is popular here but I live in a town of only 400 people so word gets around and would probably just ask my neighbors. You could also call whatever government body in your area picks up stay animals and ask if anyone has called looking for their roosters. If you have a local feed store you could put up a sign there too.
Local feed store. Vet. Vets you can usually email and they will print it off and put on their notice. Pharmacy. We’re a small town too and I don’t think a 3rd of the residents even know what Craigslist is.

Looks like an Old English game bantam. They are a breed, not considered a "game cock" I don't believe. They were bred for meat and occasionally used for fighting.
Breeds bred for fighting-
View attachment 2521956View attachment 2521957
OP has American Gamefowl/mixes. The first bird you posted is an American Gamefowl. Second looks like an Asil.

OP, not every single person that has Gamefowl, fights them. Not every person that buys them, fights them. More do not, than do. Regardless, when you sell or re-home an animal, the best you can do is use your judgement of the prospective buyers. If you do not want the hassle of doing that, contact a rescue.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom