Research on worming chickens with albendazole

ya thats the site

ya its the same stuff but unless u plan to order mores than one (which really no point just get the bigger one) u will need to call them to order thier shipping online is set to a flat rate (for larger orders) lady i spoke with was willing to give me a redusted shipping price seeing how i only ordered thw one item :)

Thanks for the update!

-Kathy

I know this is a really old thread, however I ordered from wholesale kennel about 6 months ago, and now I keep trying, and the website keeps giving me an error message. Anyone know if they are still in business?
I wanted to order the smaller bottle of the valbazen.

I read on another site that you must dose your chickens again after 14 days and to not use the eggs for two weeks afterwards.

The reason for the re dose is because there may be worm eggs that are not killed the first time around.

I got mine at Southern States. I think you can also find it at Tractor supply. It is marketed as a sheep & cattle wormer.

BTW, my girls are looking better and more active in the 10 days since the worming. So, I'm sold!
I'm considering treating my flock, but I also have youngsters who are about 3-4 months old. I had two questions: 1) how much does this stuff cost at tractor supply? 2) can I use it on my younger ones?

Hello everyone!

I found this thread and I really hope that someone will reply. So, I have two baby chicks
Tooki (7 weeks old) and Brownie (5 weeks old). Tooki is really sick and underweight. She still fits in my palm. Around 8 days back she got really sick and started sleeping all the time and didn't move at all except to eat. I treated her and her sister Brownie for Cocci after noticing Red Mucous in their poop and started giving them medicated feed, after which Tooki got strength in her legs and is now able to stand up to drink and eat on her own. But she still doesn't walk around much and doesn't chirp much and I have again noticed red mucous in their droppings. Though it is very less and other than that both the girls have healthy droppings.

So, I got her poop tested by a vet yesterday and he said that there are worm eggs in her droppings.
Now I will be deworming both her and Brownie using ALBOMAR which has Albendazole in it. But the issue is that I don't know the exact dosage. The package says to give 30-45 ml per 100 birds. However, I have been told that since Tooki is extremely underweight for her age, this dose may not be safe for her.

Please please help me out here. I am very attached to my girls and just want them to get well soon.

Can you post a picture of your bottle or tell us how many mg are in one ml (mg/ml)?

Tooki is very small for her age. She is 7 weeks old but still fits in my palm. That is why I am scared about overdosing. My doctor says to give . 3 ml in 100 ml of water.

Also, I can't calculate the weight of my chicks since I don't have a weighing scale.

Attachments

• 20181029_213411.jpg
    20181029_213411.jpg
    338.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20181029_213405.jpg
    20181029_213405.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 11
Tooki is very small for her age. She is 7 weeks old but still fits in my palm. That is why I am scared about overdosing. My doctor says to give . 3 ml in 100 ml of water.

Also, I can't calculate the weight of my chicks since I don't have a weighing scale.
Can you post a picture of her?

Back
Top Bottom