Researching backyard chicken production

fowlhistorian

Hatching
Feb 25, 2015
Hello! I am so happy to be a member of this website. I am a historian currently working on a research project through my university on backyard chicken production. I would love to hear from any active producers in the Mid Atlantic region for possible interviews.

Specifically, I hope to discover who is deciding to take the time and hassle to produce backyard poultry and why.

My hometown is the largest producer of poultry in the North East and since my childhood, I have loved chickens. At age ten, I became a committed vegetarian and continue to struggle towards a completely vegan lifestyle based on my objections to industrial farming. It is the backyard producer who makes it possible for people like me to enjoy an egg every now and then.

Would anyone be interested in talking to me about who they are and why they have decided to produce eggs themselves? I would love to hear your stories, thoughts, opinions, and comments. This could possibly end up as an archived oral history interview for those who want to participate and meet criteria.

Just wanted to say
welcome-byc.gif
Have fun on here!
smile.png

I also write chicken articles for fun, but I've only written 2. Why chickens should be allowed in some urban neighborhoods and the history of the Swedish Flower Hen.

Hello and Welcome to BYC! We're glad you decided to join! Feel free to ask any questions you may have, this site is loaded with lots of useful information, I'm sure you will find answers to all your questions here!
frow.gif
Enjoy your flock!
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom