Resisting Temptation

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by rebbetzin, Oct 29, 2016.

1. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    [​IMG]

Whenever we had leftover meat scraps, I freeze them in small amounts on a cookie sheet. And then store them in a ziplock bag in the freezer. Then I can add one to Cherokee's dinner each night.

[​IMG]

I got the series of photos above while doing this. Cherokee was so funny... He wouldn't touch any of the meat on the counter. He is such a good boy!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  2. Flock Master64

Flock Master64 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2016
    Surrounded by the Amish
    He must be very well trained

3. lazy gardener

lazy gardener True BYC Addict

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Love it. My dog has very long legs, and very good balance when standing on her hind legs. She has a very strong sin nature.

4. rebbetzin

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    So far at least, he has never taken anything off the counters or tables. I even pointed to that bit of meat, as if to give permission, but he wouldn't touch it. I am glad to see that. Must mean he knows it is a forbidden thing to do.

5. rebbetzin

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    Oh believe me this fellow also has a very strong sin nature! His manifests more in rebellion to things he is asked to do, even when it is something he should want to do! Even with high value treats, he could care less! Every other dog I have had will be very obedient for a nice treat, not him!

6. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 Chicken Obsessed

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Some dogs just aren't as food motivated he might be more motivated by play or just praise :)

Or maybe he needs meat or an extremely nice treat haha

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by