Resource Thread? Just an idea.

Nov 5, 2019
Not quite sure where to put this, but it probably counts as feedback, so here we are.

I don't know if this could work, but I'll give it a shot.

I know that there have been some complaints about people posting on here for issues that could be fixed with a quick google search. For example, there are lots of ways to fix sour crop on the web (I have nothing against anyone who's posted about this, as I'm one of them, it's just an example). However, we do get a lot of threads about it, as well as other things. But sometimes specific information is hard to find. And dealing with a sick chicken can be very stressful and isolating.

So my suggestion is, what if we had a pinned "Resource Thread" where people could be redirected to information? Or if the issue is something unique, then they could create a separate thread. It could also be "emotional support" for people dealing with a "chicken crisis," even if they already know how to treat it.

For example:

Post: One of my hens has a crop issue but I'm not sure what it is or how to treat it. Any advice?

Response: Hey there! You can check out these links to resources. I had a similar problem last winter, and you can read my thread here. Good luck and I hope your hen recovers quickly!

Please let me know what you think. I'll clarify if any of this seems confusing.

So what I’m hearing is…

1. Make a thread where people can share resources/threads/websites that they found useful

2. Approve and organize resources into an easily accessible list by topic

Thanks for your feedback!

What do you think?

So what I’m hearing is…

1. Make a thread where people can share resources/threads/websites that they found useful

2. Approve and organize resources into an easily accessible list by topic

Thanks for your feedback!

What do you think?
As long as links aren't to similar sites to BYC.

Back
Top Bottom