Respiratory help

Hotchick65

In the Brooder
Jan 4, 2021
It appears I have something respiratory going through my flock. I’ve lost 3 and have a 4th one fighting now. I got some VetRX and am using it but an worried it isn’t helping the one. Wondering if it is protecting the others. Any help is appreciated. I love my hens.

It appears I have something respiratory going through my flock. I’ve lost 3 and have a 4th one fighting now. I got some VetRX and am using it but an worried it isn’t helping the one. Wondering if it is protecting the others. Any help is appreciated. I love my hens.
First of all I hope you have the current sick one separated. Respiratory illnesses spread fast throughout flocks. You don’t wanna lose anymore. Make sure you seperate it in some place with good ventilation. Supply it electrolytes. Is she panting? If she is, you can worm the whole flock because I have heard things about gapeworms in chickens. You might want to take one of your girls for a necropsy to understand what is exactly causing this to treat the others, if not take your current sick one to an aviary vet for extra help. I’m not too experienced with respiratory systems.

Back
Top Bottom