Respiratory illness- gasping for air

cldavis1019

In the Brooder
Mar 22, 2023
One of my pullets has been sneezing. She was the only one so I thought it was allergies. Well it kept increasing so I started her on denagard. It has been 24 hours and she’s worse. She is now gasping for air. I gave her a megadose and have been using vetrx. Is there anything that can be done?

One of my pullets has been sneezing. She was the only one so I thought it was allergies. Well it kept increasing so I started her on denagard. It has been 24 hours and she’s worse. She is now gasping for air. I gave her a megadose and have been using vetrx. Is there anything that can be done?
It could just be (essentially) allergies. The nose can clog, just like in humans, and it stuffs them up and makes them cough/sneeze. I'll see if any one else can help.

Does she have any nasal drainage, bubbles or foam in either eye, or rattly breathing. Have any others in the past had a respiratory infection, since you had Denagard? Is she able to drink water and eat, and is she walking around? Sneezing alone could be viral bronchitis, but if she is gasping, she might have a piece of food or something stuck in her throat.

Back
Top Bottom