Respiratory in baby silky

Jun 8, 2018
Central Texas
So one week ago today my three week old baby silkie Was having respiratory problems according to everything that I posted on the backyard chicken so I started her on tylan 50 Orally she’s been on that for the five days she doesn’t look like she’s getting any better she’s not getting any worse except for this morning one of her little eyes swelled shut any help would be appreciated what can I do for her I don’t want to give up on her she still eating and drinking on her own she’s a little fighter today she is four weeks old

Yes same chick as that post her breathing is not as bad as that day but she is still breathing hard and no she wasn’t the one that had wry neck he’s improved but I’m still treating him the the vitamin e
OK I thought she had stopped that weird breathing according the other thread.
hmmm....is her crop emptying overnight?
What does her poop look like?

Is she able eating/drinking on her own?

Do you happen to have a video of how she sounds now?

OK I thought she had stopped that weird breathing according the other thread.
hmmm....is her crop emptying overnight?
What does her poop look like?

Is she able eating/drinking on her own?

Do you happen to have a video of how she sounds now?
She was doing better with the breathing after I gave her The initial Tylan she stopped making that weird noise that was in the video but she still has a little sneeze that never went away her poop is normal and she is eating and drinking on her own and her crop is empty overnight still sounds congested I don’t have a Video of how she sounds now I’ll take one when I get home from work today but now she has the eye issue also

She was doing better with the breathing after I gave her The initial Tylan she stopped making that weird noise that was in the video but she still has a little sneeze that never went away her poop is normal and she is eating and drinking on her own and her crop is empty overnight still sounds congested I don’t have a Video of how she sounds now I’ll take one when I get home from work today but now she has the eye issue also
Look forward to the video.

I would just keep watch on her for a few days to see if she improves on her own.
If you don't have chick grit available free choice in your brooder, I would put some in there since she's eating a bit of bedding. I like to make that available first thing for my babies.

Being in a plastic container, how much ventilation do you have in there?

I would just keep watch on her for a few days to see if she improves on her own.
If you don't have chick grit available free choice in your brooder, I would put some in there since she's eating a bit of bedding. I like to make that available first thing for my babies.

Being in a plastic container, how much ventilation do you have in there?

I’ll try that she was eating a piece of egg that was just a small tub I have her in to take the picture the brooder is plastic but it’s about 3 feet long x2 feet wide

Back
Top Bottom