Respiratory Infection??

RooneyToon

In the Brooder
Apr 13, 2023
I just got a 12 week old chick who has a respiratory infection ( a runny nose & one eye she closes periodically)....the lady had 5 chickens die from it that were far away from this one & others but I seen that she had more that had respiratory infections... I got some vet rx, & electrolytes. Can it be cured? She is super sweet & I was really hoping to keep her....but should I bring her back?? I don't want her to have issues when she gets older.

I'd not risk it keeping that chicken, especially if you have others. Hopefully she hasn't been around them.
:( okay, I was hoping I could heal her. I've had her inside with me she is so sweet that's why I picked her out, she came up to me and loved when I pet her. No she hasn't been with my others I have a small coop I set up just for her until she was ready to go with my others.

:( okay, I was hoping I could heal her. I've had her inside with me she is so sweet that's why I picked her out, she came up to me and loved when I pet her. No she hasn't been with my others I have a small coop I set up just for her until she was ready to go with my others.
Unfortunately, she could be carring incurable viruses. It's best to get rid of her quickly. If you weren't so attached, I recommend cull and burn. Be sure to sanitize that coop.

Unfortunately, she could be carring incurable viruses. It's best to get rid of her quickly. If you weren't so attached, I recommend cull and burn. Be sure to sanitize that coop.
Okay, thank you. She is young only like 12weeks old still chirping

Back
Top Bottom