Rest in Peace, Amelia

axion_lotus

Songster
9 Years
Jan 19, 2011
Central NC
Amelia was my speckled sussex pullet, my prettiest and tamest girl. Yesterday a hawk killed her, and took her away from me too soon. (Since then precautionary measures have been taken to prevent hawk attacks from occurring again.)

When she was a baby, Amelia was the first one to fly out of the brooder, which is where she got her name.

She liked to run around in the fence and annoy her sisters by trying to dart under their legs and hide in the grass like a little ninja.

She had a cute little voice that always sounded like she was telling you some huge secret.

She had a lot of personality, and a little heart of gold. I will always miss her. I bet Jesus is taking good care of her and giving her lots of watermelon, her favorite treat.

My sweet little Amelia,
<3 Gone, but not forgotten.
March 28, 2011 - May 19, 2011

(Edited because I can't see to type through the tears)

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss
hugs.gif

I am so sorry for your loss.....I know how attached one can be to chickens.....I have one named Jenny that is the love of my life.....I have gone through the turmoil of Fox attacks and I take precautions now sadly my chickens are allowed to free roam my barn but I DO NOT let them run alround outside unattened.....it is way too heartbreaking when an incident occurs. Again I am very sorry for your loss.

Quote:
B'aw. I'm sorry for your loss. She sounds like a very sweet chicken and I'm sure she's getting plenty of watermelon.
These things happen, though. It's good to take care of them and love them while they're still here with us; as I am sure you did.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom