Rest In Peace Penny

Wow...so freaky fine one day then gone. So sorry for your loss. May your heart find peace.
Took me by surprise. I check them every morning and evening, so when she didn't come running to the run gate I knew something was wrong. First thing hubby said to me was, It is not your fault.
I am at peace with it.

Got call from vet. Mareks came back negative. No infections. Heart not normal, enlarged heart.
You really can’t ask for anything better...please let me go like that ya know?
If I could choose for the animals or even people not to sound too weird...but God was kind to Penny. She had a wonderful life right up until the end. She even died like a good chicken. It’s a blessing in my book, truly.

You really can’t ask for anything better...please let me go like that ya know?
If I could choose for the animals or even people not to sound too weird...but God was kind to Penny. She had a wonderful life right up until the end. She even died like a good chicken. It’s a blessing in my book, truly.
It really is a blessing. She went out knowing she was loved.

At least you know now :hugsAnd it is really good you don't have Marek's in your flock. How are you feeling about the result?
I feel good about the results, relieved knowing there's no Marek's. Knowing it was a genetic defect, and not caused by anything we did (like giving too many treats, causing fatty liver) was a relief too.

I feel good about the results, relieved knowing there's no Marek's. Knowing it was a genetic defect, and not caused by anything we did (like giving too many treats, causing fatty liver) was a relief too.
Yes, it's all good although that sounds like an inappropriate thing to say. But I'm happy for you :hugs

Back
Top Bottom