Restarting egg laying after molting

JeffKlapper

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 21, 2009
My marans never came back into egg production after molting in June. Any tricks as to how to restart? The RIR just never stop laying so I thing general conditions are good. Feed is organic16% protein.

Thanks
Jeff

Check in the search. There have been several posts about adding cayenne pepper to the food but I don't remember the specifics.

Mine haven't started back either, and I have been giving corn along with layer pellets. That worked on my BO's last year. Even my EE's haven't started back but this would be the EE's third laying cycle. Does anyone know if I should just put the EE's in the freezer or try for another cycle?

Have you tried adding light in the wee mornings? We are under the 12 hour light cycle. They will start needing more and more light if you want them to continue depending on type of birds.

Yes, I'm using light now but these birds have not laid all summer - plenty of light.
I did check out Cayenne pepper. Good for increasing egg production and worming, or not, depending on which person's opinion you're reading. Seems to work for most folks as a wormer.
Can't hurt, I'll give it a try.

Thanks everyone,
Jeff

Back
Top Bottom