Restless leg syndrome anyone?

wood&feathers :

Oh Kathy, I don't think I could stand 4 mg of ropinorole! Changing meds for 3 months seemed to reset things for me, but so many of these things are VERY individual in response. I can't say I like the Requip - it makes me nauseous when the dose gets up to 2mg - but at least being able to go to sleep alleviates my other issues with muscle and joint pain.

The doc says I have fibromyalgia, another vague collection of symptoms, but I prefer to just think of my body as being "high mileage.....

I'm doing okay on 1 mg, "nice" to know I could go higher if necessary.

I also have fibromyalgia, but that was only diagnosed late last year. I've suffered from RLS since my early 20s - possibly earlier, but attributed the symptoms to something else for quite a long time. Didn't get treatment for it until I was in the early after-care for breast cancer, in 2004. My oncologist really LISTENED to everything I told her, so she/I tinkered with various medications until we got something that worked.

Boy, I tell ya, though, DO NOT RUN OUT OF Requip before you get your next refill!​

Quote:
STOP PEEKING IN MY WINDOWS!!
pop.gif

I just looked at your avatar.
big_smile.png

Oh. My bad. But the shades are still open...
sickbyc.gif

And if you have fibromyalgia, they will give you Lyrica for it, and Lyrica (although expensive) rocks for restless leg!

Quote:
My current physician does not like all the side effects of Lyrica, especially as they may with the mix of other "maintenance" meds I'm taking. Things are pretty much under control at this point in time, although I do have the occasional really bad "fibro" day.
fl.gif

wood&feathers :

Oh Kathy, I don't think I could stand 4 mg of ropinorole! Changing meds for 3 months seemed to reset things for me, but so many of these things are VERY individual in response. I can't say I like the Requip - it makes me nauseous when the dose gets up to 2mg - but at least being able to go to sleep alleviates my other issues with muscle and joint pain.

Yes, it makes me nauseous and dizzy. Yet, I take it every night about 90 minutes before I go to sleep.​

Back
Top Bottom