restrictive covenants

Quote:
John Kelso came to my house this morning and took some pictures of my backyard, plus a short 2 minutes video of me talking about my chickens and ducks. He also took the attonery letter and promised me that he will call them. I hope he will write my story shortly.
When I saw him this morning, he looks a lot skinner than his picture. He said he had go thru 11 weeks chemo last year so he lost about 40lbs.
sad.png

everyone wish me luck

Glad Kelso came by, he's a great guy to have on your side. I knew about the chemo treatment, didn't think to mention it. He was probably my first taker when it came to fresh eggs.
big_smile.png

He grows the best tomatoes and corn I've ever seen in S. Austin.

I used to pet-sit for him and his first wife (now deceased), I've not had the privilege of meeting his second wife, thought I hear she is a a lovely person. If it helps, you can tell him you were referred by Sally of the Donovan household on Redd Street in S. Austin!

Good luck, I really hope it helps you!
fl.gif

mom'sfolly :

Cool, I hope he does your story.

Good news! John Kelso called and my story will be on Friday's Austin American-statesman.
I also checked with city of Austin about annexation, city of Austin is going take over North Austin MUD #1 by 2012. By then, those board members will be surrounded chickens and ducks....​

Wow, I'll look for the story. I think the poor guy had throat or mouth cancer. He couldn't eat, and complained about it in his columns; but I bet he likes the weight loss.

Silly MUD will look bad in the paper. Good!

Quote:
John did tell me his story about his two pet chickens....His new neighborhood wouldn't allow chicken either, I am sure he could feel my pain.

I need to thank you and mom'sfoly from Austin, without your advices, I would never go this far to fight for my beloved chickens and ducks!!
Read my story on-line or Austin American-statesman on this Friday, Jan 29, under "Metro&State"
I am calling all chicken/ducks lovers read my story and e-mail Austin American-statesman to let everyone knows how much we love our chickens/ducks!!

LOL, I had an email from John a little while ago-

The story should run Friday, and the video will be available on the website www.statesman.com

He said about you, pufferfish, and I quote here:

"she was a cool gal."

High praise indeed!

He has finished his radiation treatment for oral cancer and is "on the mend". Poor guy, he loves to eat good food! We had him over many times for BBQ Brisket Sunday.

Mom's folly, where abouts are you? Did I already ask you and forget? I lived north central, near Shoal Creek for years, then moved south of the river. Upper Crust Bakery, Renaissance Glass, Eeyore's Birthday........................

Let me start by saying that I am sorry for you and your situation. It stinks.

I used to do deed research for a land surveying company in Austin looking for setbacks ect...

point is that 90% of the time while looking through the huge list of restrictions on any given subdivision in the Austin area, I always ran across where it clearly stated that you can not keep poultry.
sad.png

It is something they just add in there like its nothing. Seems like your subdivision had loads of additions and such but with each new subdivision plat addition they just added the old restrictions.

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks! I know how most of texans feel about chicken. They think chickens are stupid, dirty and their only purpose for this world is "food". When they see a hispanic person has chicken, they think they just want to use rooster for "cock fighting". When they see asians raise chicken, they think we just want to slaugter them for chinese new year.
Anyway, city of austin is going to annex this district within 2 years. By then, chicken could be kept legal since we have no HOA in our neighborhood. Austin is very liberal and we have lots lots chicken lovers.....

Back
Top Bottom