Return to childhood

Lithiayardbirds

In the Brooder
Mar 31, 2016
Lithia, Fl.
It has been over 40 years since I have enjoyed the entertainment of watching a couple of month old pullets discover the outside world.
I was 1000 miles away from wanting chickens until I drove by a yard near my home and saw a flock of rotund RIRs running around the yard. Childhood memories flooded my head. I went on line as soon as I got home and ordered a small coop.
The coop kit arrived and was assembled as soon as I got it out of the box.( I should note that, I am a horrible procrastinator).
The next day I had food and a feeder, as well as a watering gizmo. The bale of shavings was way bigger than I thought it would be.
Day 3 I had my girls in a box and headed home.
The past 2 weeks have been more entertaining than anything on television.
The chicks in my avatar are Valerie( the blonde) and Serena ( the brunette).
This site was the first place I found, after ordering the coop and I have found it to be a deep well of knowledge and ideas.
I hope my story didn't bore anyone.
I'M FREAKING EXCITED ABOUT MY CHICKENS!

Congratulations on your new chicks! Hope you have a lot of fun with them.

welcome-byc.gif

I bought the little coop because I wanted something to use as a pattern for a grand expansion. I am a carpenter by trade and dimensions are something I study. This will get out of hand very soon. Thanks for the welcomes. I'm happy to be here.
BTW a hawk crashed into the hardware cloth cage and scared the hell of the the girls yesterday. Chickens...safe. Hawk...missing feathers from the impact.

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. Chick tv is the best. I loved watching my girls.

Hi and welcome to BYC - loved your intro. It seems that the chicken bug never actually left you and for someone who is normally a procrastinator you have excelled yourself
smile.png
. I'm glad that i don't have any carpentry skills, otherwise there'd be no garden left. All the best and enjoy your chicken-keeping renaissance.

CT

Back
Top Bottom