Reusing vaccines

Holylolly

In the Brooder
Apr 16, 2020
Hello today I bought ranikhet vaccine for my chicks and chicken it’s the eye drop one I have full vaccine left I only have 20 chickens and vaccine has like 200 drops left can it be refrigerated and re used or once open it’s done and needs to be thrown away ?

Here's some information on efficacy of stored Newcastle Disease (ranikhet) vaccine. Probably not the same brand but may be useful for a general guideline.
https://www.researchgate.net/public..._Potency_of_Newcastle_Disease_Vaccine_La_Sota

Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 10.37.05 AM.png

Doesn't Newcastle vaccine actually have the virus in it,so your birds build immunity to it ? Or I'm I just talking hogwash.:p
I think they contain a live virus, yes but I am not sure if all of them (all brands) do. Most vaccines for other diseases contain a subunit of the virus.

I think they contain a live virus, yes but I am not sure if all of them (all brands) do. Most vaccines for other diseases contain a subunit of the virus.
Thank you so much for your help btw do chicks get alittle weaker and tired after vaccinating them ? Or something is wrong

I assume they know what they are doing..but the thought of my birds getting sick from vaccinated birds struck my mind.

Back
Top Bottom