Revenge is best served cold...

Basically it means that you should not hurry to get revenge, Take your time and think it through first. You might calm down and forget all about it, or the OTHER person might forget about it and not see it coming! If you take them by surprise, it's all the sweeter.

I think it's, "Revenge is a dish that is best served cold."

It means that when retaliating against someone, instead of doing something in the heat of the moment, which could be stupid and not thought out, you should let your anger cool. Get revenge that is coldly calculated, well thought out and successful, without harming yourself.

Not a saying from the school of forgive and forget.
lol.png

I think the statement is quite accurate. Right after a confrontational event, both sides have their defenses up, bracing for something from the other side. By patiently waiting until your enemy has relaxed, let their guard down, and is forgetting about the initiating event, then is the time to strike, when they least expect it. It works.

When my husband pulls a trick on me, I tell him quite calmly..."You will be paid back for that. Maybe not now, maybe not today. Maybe not even next week. But one day, I will get you back so good and I will remind you of this day."

lol.png

NEVER act in haste. You'll make a mistake.

Planning is everything. In revenge or any other matter...plan,plan, plan.
Then plan again.

** I've taught my daughter well....

Years ago when our daughter was mad at her mommy over something,
Hana planned her own little revenge. She was only two or three a the time.

The next day, after they had both got over it, Hana came in the office and
emptied her mommys file cabinet all over the place. Didn't touch mine, right
next to it.

I never laughed so hard.

Sure, it was wrong of her to bother mommy's file cabinet. But like she said...

"I wasn't mad at you Daddy."

In the past, all my plans for revenge never amounted to anything close to what the person brought down on themselves as a result of their stupidity. I guess the saying, "give 'em enough rope and they'll hang themselves" is true. I refuse to take revenge on anyone, but reserve the right to laugh like Hell when they bring down disaster upon themselves. It's SOOO SWEET and guilt free!

Quote:
Does anyone else find it ironic that this thread is posted by someone named "Frosty"?
wink.png

gig.gif
yuckyuck.gif

I'm with featherbaby - take the high road, then let Karma do the rest. Karma is far more creative than me.....

Back
Top Bottom