Revenge is best served cold...

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

On a side note... if you've waited a week or two to get back at the gaggle of gossiping gizzard gorging gargoyles (was that not some great alliteration?!) be sure if you make laced chocolate chip cookies that you color code them... so that the gargoyles get the ones with spunk and friends do NOT... not that I've ever done such a thing... but if you're gonna do the do think it through and cover your tail. If everyone who ate cookies didn't get issues then it must have been something else that caused it...
tongue.png

"Etymology
Pierre Ambroise Francois Choderlos de Laclos (1741-1803) is often credited with the phrase's invention, with his 1782 book Les Liaisons Dangereuses containing the line "La vengeance est un plat qui se mange froid." One of the first known English-language appearances is Kind Hearts and Coronets (1949): "Revenge is a dish which people of taste prefer to eat cold." It most famously appeared in its exact form in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: "Ah, Kirk, my old friend. Do you know of the old Klingon proverb that revenge is a dish best served cold? It is very cold in space."

An expression that emotional detachment is ideal when taking revenge, as one is righting the wrongs that have been done to the doer."

I remember it from the Star Trek show, in my mind it means: Wait till the planning and timing is right to right the wrong to best effect without the heat of anger.

Back
Top Bottom