Revenge is sweet (kid/toddler toy christmas related)

gclarrot

Songster
Apr 21, 2020
My nephew turns 2, four days before Christmas.
I joked around and told my sister that he deserves a ball pit with 200 plastic balls as it was kept in my own living room for 2 YEARS!! (2 YEARS!!!) between 2 CHILDREN. She said "no way". I just bought a tent, tube AND a pool to be filled with such. I hope my nephew loves it as much as my sons did.

Boy....does she has something coming for her this Christmas. 😂

What was one thing YOU hated being gifted to your loved one that you couldn't wait to regift back?

I have a friend who told me of the "ugly gift exchange" she and someone else had going on for years. They tried to "out ugly" each other, and the gift HAD TO REMAIN in sight in their house until the next Thanksgiving. No hiding it in a closet. :lau

When I was in college, I asked for socks one year. Because I really needed socks. Got 'em, too.

What was one thing YOU hated being gifted to your loved one that you couldn't wait to regift back?
My sister in law (who did NOT have children at the time) gifted my two year old son a megaphone - then spent all christmas day teaching him how to use it!

Boxing day morning, beloved son snuck into our room, placed the megaphone next to his fathers ear then YELLED *Good Morning Daddy!!!* into the thing.

Sister in law was threatened with every noisy toy under the sun when she decided to have children of her own! LOL>

does anybody remember those popcorn toddler toys. it had a handle and a plastic section with balls in it on wheels and when they pushed it the balls would bounce inside the plastic. made an ungodly racket lol.
I’m sure Fisher Price has made the new ones louder. 40 years ago the sound was hardly noticeable (though my grandmere and mother said otherwise); I could roll that thing around all day and not even notice. Now it’s jaw-clenching awful. ;)

I’m sure Fisher Price has made the new ones louder. 40 years ago the sound was hardly noticeable (though my grandmere and mother said otherwise); I could roll that thing around all day and not even notice. Now it’s jaw-clenching awful. ;)
Now they have ducks versions. That quack and have floppy rubber feet, that smack off the floor as they push... thank God the quacker broke. Now I just hear "slap slap slap slap" instead of "quack slap quack slap quack slap"

Not sure if fisher makes it?

does anybody remember those popcorn toddler toys. it had a handle and a plastic section with balls in it on wheels and when they pushed it the balls would bounce inside the plastic. made an ungodly racket lol.
Yep! My sons both had them too. Add a satillo tiles with that 😚 beauty.

ANd they wonder why moms are crazy when their kids hit toddler and are older.

I have a friend who told me of the "ugly gift exchange" she and someone else had going on for years. They tried to "out ugly" each other, and the gift HAD TO REMAIN in sight in their house until the next Thanksgiving. No hiding it in a closet. :lau

When I was in college, I asked for socks one year. Because I really needed socks. Got 'em, too.
That’s a wonderful idea - ugly Christmas exchange. I should start this. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom