Reviews On Cackle Hatchery

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by I Love Layers, Aug 7, 2016.

1. I Love Layers

I Love Layers Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2015
    North Dakota
    I am going to possibly order 10 birds from Cackle Hatchery. Wondering about everyone's experiences, problems etc.

These birds are for production not show
  2. DelawareQueen14

DelawareQueen14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2016
    I just ordered 15 pullets from Cackle Hatchery. All arrived alive and well. They sent 2 extras in case some didn't make it through the delivery. So I have 17 chicks. I did end up with one surprise rooster but that is not a problem for me. So overall I am satisfied with cackle hatchery. Hope this helps![​IMG]
  3. Hay Belly

Hay Belly Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    I ordered 3 Welsummer, 3 EEs, 3 Speckled Sussex, 3 Cornish X and 3 Red broilers last month from Cackle. They came in 8/19, one chick dead in box. They sent an extra EE and Cornish, I don't know what the dead chick was. All are doing very well, super healthy. Last week I ordered a weekly specialof 25 Red broilers for $1.75 each. They called to tell me that they couldn't fill my order as the hatching rates were low. They offered me 30 Cornish X which was very generous but I can't handle that many lumbering behemoths at this time! So I asked for 15 Cornish and fill the order with EEs or Delawares. I got 17 Cornish X and 14 EEs! All healthy and happy.

I am definitely getting my meaties from them next year. The birds are filling out nicely and there is an even m/f ratio which is what I wanted.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by