Rex & Maple... Before and After ...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chickie Mamma, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Hello, this was taken the end of January. The Silkie (Maple) was 1 week older than Rex...
    [​IMG]
    This is Rex and Maple Today! Still Best Buddies!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Rex was checking out Miss Sunshine bathing in her bucket of Water
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    that is so cute!!

3. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Adorable! Love that last pic!

4. CTChickenMom

CTChickenMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2009
    SE Connecticut
    That is so cute...its a bit like a Laurel and Hardy thing....LOL I thought of getting a couple ducks to go with my chickens but then I wondered about feed and if they could eat the same thing. Do ducks just have an open nest at night? They don't roost do they?

5. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Quote:Hello, they eat the same grower crumbles and they have a separate house with a wire floor that is raised. The adult ducks I have in the "A" frame coop live with the 3 large hens too. They sleep under the coop part. I have alot of predators here and they all need to be locked up at night. The ducks are much more messier, and I clean at least every week, but they are all happy together. Rex and Maple won't leave each other. If I pick one up, the other jumps on my legs to get to their friend. Its so cute, I could never separate them.

6. CTChickenMom

CTChickenMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2009
    SE Connecticut
    Quote:Hello, they eat the same grower crumbles and they have a separate house with a wire floor that is raised. The adult ducks I have in the "A" frame coop live with the 3 large hens too. They sleep under the coop part. I have alot of predators here and they all need to be locked up at night. The ducks are much more messier, and I clean at least every week, but they are all happy together. Rex and Maple won't leave each other. If I pick one up, the other jumps on my legs to get to their friend. Its so cute, I could never separate them.

That's so cute! I'll have to get me a couple ducks! Looks like the kiddy pool might get used after all!

7. chickenbuddy

chickenbuddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    [​IMG]

8. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I loved seeing the pics of them as babies. Thanks for posting the adult pics!

9. Blue_Myst

Blue_Myst Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    They look to be quite the pair! Great pictures [​IMG]

10. I LOVE COCHINS

I LOVE COCHINS ChochieChochieCoo

Feb 10, 2008
    Awe, those are really special pictures. Thanks for taking the time to share them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by