Rex & Maple... Before and After ...

Chickie Mamma

Farmer at Heart
11 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Sherman, CT
Hello, this was taken the end of January. The Silkie (Maple) was 1 week older than Rex...

This is Rex and Maple Today! Still Best Buddies!

Rex was checking out Miss Sunshine bathing in her bucket of Water

CTChickenMom

Songster
11 Years
Jan 5, 2009
SE Connecticut
That is so cute...its a bit like a Laurel and Hardy thing....LOL I thought of getting a couple ducks to go with my chickens but then I wondered about feed and if they could eat the same thing. Do ducks just have an open nest at night? They don't roost do they?

Chickie Mamma

Farmer at Heart
11 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Sherman, CT
Quote:Hello, they eat the same grower crumbles and they have a separate house with a wire floor that is raised. The adult ducks I have in the "A" frame coop live with the 3 large hens too. They sleep under the coop part. I have alot of predators here and they all need to be locked up at night. The ducks are much more messier, and I clean at least every week, but they are all happy together. Rex and Maple won't leave each other. If I pick one up, the other jumps on my legs to get to their friend. Its so cute, I could never separate them.

CTChickenMom

Songster
11 Years
Jan 5, 2009
SE Connecticut
Quote:Hello, they eat the same grower crumbles and they have a separate house with a wire floor that is raised. The adult ducks I have in the "A" frame coop live with the 3 large hens too. They sleep under the coop part. I have alot of predators here and they all need to be locked up at night. The ducks are much more messier, and I clean at least every week, but they are all happy together. Rex and Maple won't leave each other. If I pick one up, the other jumps on my legs to get to their friend. Its so cute, I could never separate them.

That's so cute! I'll have to get me a couple ducks! Looks like the kiddy pool might get used after all!

Top Bottom