Rhea Eggs On Ebay

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by duckncover, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Sunny the Hippie Chick

Sunny the Hippie Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Brookings Oregon
    I once saw a cockatoo egg for sale on ebay.. It was awhile ago though..
  2. cici_p

cici_p Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    Is it just me or is it the most wildly tantalizing thought that one could actually have an ostrich in their back yard. . .
    $35 for a fertile ostrich egg? Who knew what I was getting myself into when I built my homemade incubator. ..
    Ok, quite frakly, they terrify me, but I am still fascinated by the thought.
    Seriously, anyone tried hatching out an ostrich egg yet?? I am dying to hear that story! (And hearing it might save me from trying to relive it)
  3. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

while the idea of ostriches is fascinating, I am convinced that it would be much like hatching a feathered dinosaur, taller than myself, with feet that could squish and scratch my car while I hopped around the outside edges of the vehicle, trying to convince it to come down. Then, since I would certainly have hand raised the monster, It would finally jump down, onto my head. I cannot imagine this ending well... good luck!
  4. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    <<<-----------------Ostrich, no, you don't want them, not for pets. No way, not unless you are gonna eat them before they eat you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by