Rhode Island Red FOUND in Central Illinois...the search is over!!!

In today's paper in the FREE TO GOOD HOME section, there was an ad which says: Rhode Island rooster, 7 months old, Beautiful. the ad has been in the Paducah SUN newspaper more than once. The phone number is: (270) 462-2416 Hope he's what you're looking for. I'd be willing to drive partway and meet you just so he could have a good home and not end up in somebody's stew pot.

crtrlovr...that is SO sweet. I am 4 hours from Terre Haute and I think Terre Haute is about 4 hours from Paducah KY. Distance seems to always be the problem, darnit! Gas is coming down a bit but I just really can't afford to drive more than an hour or 2 each way in order to get a rooster.

I really appreciate your offer of driving partway to give this boy a good home...bless your heart!!! There are so many caring people in this forum...really amazes me some days. Thanks again for volunteering:D

wish you would have posted this about 3 months ago i would have gave you 4 of them but they are all gave away now

ilroost...That's about right, days late, dollars short...my timing is really baaaaad.
tongue.png

Quote:
Yep but there will bound to be one out there soon! However let me check with my friend and see if she wants to part ONE LOL. It would be a week before I hear from her.

I wish I had a RIR for you, if I had known a month ago I would have had one, I only have the barred rock, maran, and silver laced wyondottes, I hear there is a sale coming up, I will ask my husband about it, It is around the area here.

Quote:
How sweet of you Deb! I still have my feelers out...if DH comes across one just let me know? The flip side is everyone keeping a lookout finds a roo at the same time and then I have to start a roo farm...lololol

well, if anything, you can always get one from farm & fleet in the spring, it doesn't take those little rooster chicks long to start acting like "big boys!" I love to hear them when they first learn how to crow!!!!

I ordered from cackle hatchery too, they have a minimum of 15 and I ordered 10 chicks and 5 royal palm turkeys, you can mix and match anything they have, and they came healthy I lost 2 of the turkeys, but I have heard they are hard to get going, and all the silver laced wyondottes are doing great!

Back
Top Bottom