Rhode Island Red Pullet

rvrseaotter

In the Brooder
Feb 15, 2018
I live in the Waynesville/Asheville area and would like to find one 4-6 week old Rhode Island Red pullet. Please let me know if you have or know someone who has one available. Thank you!

Hi! :frow Welcome to BYC! Why just one? I think you might have better success if you post in your state thread. Best way I know of to do that is to search forums with your state name. Good luck!:fl

Thank you! I didn't realize there were ones by State. Crazy story about just one...we have "community dogs" on the mountain where I live. They tend to stay with us most of the time. A few weeks ago, the female came home with something in her mouth and put it down in front of us. It was a 3-4 week old chick. We don't have a clue where it came from and it was completely uninjured. Right now it's with my ducklings and is beginning to believe it is a duckling. She stays with them everywhere they go and does not try to fly or roost. She needs a chicken friend. :)

Well to add to the story - I just rehomed a flock I had about six months ago...trying to downsize. I decided to just stay with ducks. We think she believes we lost our chicks so she was bringing the one home she found! :) I missed having them and was thinking of just having a couple...so here we go again! :)

Thank you! I didn't realize there were ones by State. Crazy story about just one...we have "community dogs" on the mountain where I live. They tend to stay with us most of the time. A few weeks ago, the female came home with something in her mouth and put it down in front of us. It was a 3-4 week old chick. We don't have a clue where it came from and it was completely uninjured. Right now it's with my ducklings and is beginning to believe it is a duckling. She stays with them everywhere they go and does not try to fly or roost. She needs a chicken friend. :)
Aw! Hope the little birdie finds a good home

Back
Top Bottom