Rhode Island Red Thread!

YES, FINALLY!!! I got my first egg from my one Rhode Island Reds! I was so HAPPY! And then go figure, one of my other eggs I collected rolled into it and cracked it!!!!!!!!! Do you think she will lay another tomorrow? Or will it be another few days!?????
Yay for first eggs! I bet you will get another tomorrow. My RIR rarely goes a day without laying an egg!

Yes!! Just got another eggs today! But for some reson it was much much more smaller? (Like Bantam egg size.) Is that just because they are new layers?

Yes!! Just got another eggs today! But for some reson it was much much more smaller? (Like Bantam egg size.) Is that just because they are new layers?

Was the first one of normal size? The first couple weeks my girls layed small eggs and then I got one 90 gram jumbo egg! After that they were just normal large eggs.

Oh ok! Yes, the first One was pretty normal as in shape and size. This one is much different...

Its a lot of work on their little bodies to lay an egg a day, that's probably all she had left after laying one the day before. And these RIR's really like to lay one a day! I hope she keeps it up for you!

Ok! Yesterday I didnt get an egg from my RIR. But, today I just went out there to check on them and there was an egg!! YAY! I hope they keep them coming, they are delicious!!

woot.gif

Our RIR Twitch finally laid her first egg at about 24 weeks! Four weeks after the Plymouth Rocks of the same age. She was so proud and happy, even the neighbors heard the good news.

Back
Top Bottom