Rhode Island Red Thread!

Well we've had a string of hawk related chicken deaths, and now we're down to just three RIR. I know for sure that two are hens, but the other can go either way. Still waiting to see if he ever decides to start crowing?! Are RIR just a quieter breed? Going to order some more chicks online and keep them in the house or garage until they are old enough to go out without supervision! Wish me luck

These are my three RIRs: Acorn, Cinnamon, and Cocoa. They are about 3 and a half years old and will jump on my lap and let me pet them and pick them up. They are wonderful hens!

Wuzzy, Fuzzy and Dolly

Ms Molly

the girls playing outside

i'm new to raising chickens but have been around them as a kid. my first little flock are 4 rhode island reds, they have their own little personalities. the 2 older girls, Molly and Dolly are about 4 1/2 months old and my little one's, Wuzzy and Fuzzy are 4 months old. their just too cute and i enjoy them so much.

I absolutely Love my RIRs!! I have 6 hens who lay beautiful eggs everyday. They are very talkative and friendly towards me. They all have different personalities.

Hey everyone!
I need your option! My 2 rhode island reds are now 19 weeks and about 4 or 5 days old now. Are they going to start laying soon??! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mine were about 22 weeks, they actually started laying this month on August 2nd. I got mine in the beginning of March. Your chicks should start laying soon. Hope that helps you and fill me in when they start!

I have 26 RIRs that are 15 weeks old im hoping they start laying by the end of september. I only have 23 hens i ordered from a hatchery and only ordered one rooster but they sent me 3 for some reason and the exotic chick was a faverolle and it also turned out to be a rooster so all together i have 4 roosters for 23 hens. but i did seperate the faverolle cause the whole flock was trying to peck him to death.

Back
Top Bottom