Rhode Island Red x Black Australorps

We did and our first just hatched! It's all yellow with a tiny splotch of black on its head. So cute. RIR hen with astralorp roo. Hatched by our broody hen. So fun!

Last edited:
Wow, I look at this picture and I see the same markings as on our Snowball that passed to the barnyard in the sky during the night last night. I thought there may have been a bad gene in there with the color but as I can see that isn't the case. She was so tiny, I was not surprised to have her pass.

I have and got a beautiful blue hen and also a beautiful orange and blue hen I'll try to get pictures just wondering what they call them

Today we bought some new chicks, a buckeye and a aquila. I never heard of either before, but looked promising by their descriptions. The aquila is the RIR and australorp mix. As far as i can tell, this is the first time this mix was given a name.

2E0E3BAC-E64F-4C57-B6FB-3D3D97EB363A.jpeg
ADD35005-5CAE-4207-A90A-C797E6FD8F9F.jpeg
3F20DC9E-158D-4A41-9506-38127BBD2177.jpeg
07D54294-6A16-44BE-A84B-64021E4B85DE.jpeg
Here are my RIR roo x Black Australorp hen babies. They are 6 months old. A family photo with mom and dad (and an adopted copper maran brother). One hen is solid black with gorgeous green iridescence and just a smidge of red around her collar. The other has a beautiful full red collar and lots a green and purple shimmer on her black.

Back
Top Bottom