Rhode Island Reds,Easter Egger, and Brown Pullets

jenna2030

Chirping
Apr 4, 2015
Hi I have rhode island Reds easter egger and brown pullets I am wondering what a brown (pullet)is what is a pullet
I want to show them but they ask me the breed idk

Could you please post a photo ?- have no idea what a brown looks like. Easter eggers are from a mix and can't be sure as purebred either. You would be able to show your Rhode Island reds.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Brown pullets are usually referring to any brown egg layer...Australorps, Barred Rocks, Buff Orpingtons, Rhode Island Reds, etc....

And a Pullet is a female chicken before she is 1 year old.

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock!

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our community!

Pullets, in show terms, are female chickens or other poultry under a year of age. Easter Eggers are mixed breed chickens, so you wouldn't be able to show them at open poultry shows. You might, however, be able to show your Easter Eggers at county or 4-H fairs in a crossbred, pet, or egg layer class.

Purebred Rhode Island Reds can definitely be shown. Keep in mind, though, that it is hard to have competitive Rhode Island Reds unless you get them from a breeder. Hatchery Rhode Island Reds are better called "Production Reds," since they are great layers, but aren't bred to be show quality in color or body type.

As for whether you can show your "Browns," it depends on what breed they actually resemble. If they're mixed breeds (as many "Browns/Reds" are), then you could only show them in a production class. If your Browns happen to be a recognized breed of chicken, like New Hampshire, then you could show them in their breed class.

If you post some photos of your chickens, other members and I will be happy to look at them and tell you how show quality they are.
smile.png

Thanks for the posts I thought a pullet was a female before they start laying but I wasn't sure do u no what I call them now there full grown

Thanks for the post I thought a pullet was a female before it hasn't started laying but I didnt no for sure does anyone no what u call the Brown Pullets there full grown there not pullets

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom