Rhode Island Reds versus Araucanas

I HAVE TWO AMERICANAS AND ONE RIR > tHE AMERICANAS ARE TAME BUT MY DAUGHTER PICKS THEM UP ALOT!. TRY HOLDING THEM MORE!
wink.png
wink.png
wink.png

I have ameraucanas and black sex links right now. The ameraucanas let us hold them and one will follow us around.The black sex links are skittish and flighty.Its frustrating because I was hoping if we held them alot and gave them lots of attention that they would settle down but they don't even give you the opportunity.I can only hope with time and age they get better.

WOW!

I am jealous I got americanas/EE from 3 different places figuring different strains have different temperaments!
& they were all nuts ((well except the 2 I have but, they are mean to my other girls))

Joanne

Becky89* :

Quote:
My Araucanas are calm and quiet and gentle. My Rhode Island Reds are evil, they pick on everyone and they fly up and attack me everytime I go in the coop.

Our Araucanas are on the smaller size so they do get picked on by the larger chickens, they seem to keep to themselves more than the others, plus one likes to hide her eggs.​

I have 4 Araucanas and 2 Rhode Island Reds. The Rhodes Island Reds are sweeties who like to climb me and play with my hair. They are very calm and gentle birds. The Araucanas are more active and curious birds, but they are also very friendly as well. They do not voluntarily climb in my lap to be pet, but they do let me pet them. At least in the case of my chickens, both breeds are pleasant and gentle creatures who seem to enjoy the company of my 3 cats. Although, one of my Araucanas hates sparrows, and she chases them from the yard, which is fine with me, since I'd prefer to see other types of birds coming around!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom