1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rhode Island Reds

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by josee5, May 17, 2009.

1. josee5

josee5 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2007
    Iowa
    We bought 16 RIR pullets. The person we bought them from thought they were about 8 weeks old but they are fully feathered and are pretty good sized. Does anyone have a picture of some that are around eight weeks old.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

This is one of mine at 5 weeks. I don't remember mine being fully feathered until about 16 weeks actually.

[​IMG]

3. mfsakc

mfsakc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2009
    El Dorado County, CA
    Here are two of my RIRs - one pullet, one roo. Both were 8 weeks old last Friday.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. josee5

josee5 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2007
    Iowa
    They look like the pictures of the eight week olds. So they must be around that age. The good thing is they all look like pullets because you always take a chance with younger chickens. Keeping my fingers crossed.

5. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    Mine are 16 weeks old. they are fully feathered and alot bigger than the 8 weeks old ones. Chickens grow fast.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by