Rhode Island White Thread

Pics
I became Poppy to the 4th power today!!!! One more in May and my grand babies will all be here for now. Now to get me some chickies.

I don't know if this is legal to post this here, but it is also posted in the BST section.

FREE to good home. Rose Comb Rhode Island White Cockerel around 10 months old. NPIP certified. I have been showing them at poultry shows and doing quite well with them. I can take him to the Dunnellon Tractor Supply Farm Swap on Saturday April 12th if anyone is interested. [email protected]

I just hatched some chicks out with more in the incubator and some in a hatcher due to hatch tomorrow. The chicks in my brooder are just over a month old and need to get their coop back. I have some birds in there right now that need to go.

I have had to postpone getting my RIWs until fall,but by the amount on activity on this thread I am wondering if there is a reason there is so little interest in this breed?

I have had to postpone getting my RIWs until fall,but by the amount on activity on this thread I am wondering if there is a reason there is so little interest in this breed?

Not really sure but a lot of people just don't like white birds. I just love mine.

Like someone said...a lot of people do not like white birds unless they are just after winning in shows then it is the colored birds that win more than others.

The other thing is that the commercial places have just about ruined the breed. Rhode Island Whites are supposed to be RC not SC. I cannot think of a commercial hatchery that has the RC other than Sandhill and Duane Urch. Therefor the true RIW is almost gone and not enough are shown to get people excited about them. White Rocks and White Wyandottes are the most popular and win the most in the show rings. I hope we can get the RIW's back to where they should be. The ones that I have created are OMG nice. After I get all of the Cream Legbars culled and pictured I will start in on the RIW's. They are still young but WOW if they keep coming on like they are now look out show ring. So I will post some pictures as soon as I can.

Rob

Probably because they are all but non-existant.

Back
Top Bottom