Ribh's D'Coopage

🥶 It dropped down to 3 or 4C overnight & was absolutely bitter when I got up this morning. The lad was struggling to get the fire really going. He usually leaves it for his dad or I to do. It still only feels like about 4 degrees though Willy Weather insists it's actually 8!😹 The house is finally starting to warm up but given our average June temps remain in double figures even the cats are feeling cold!😸

🥶 It dropped down to 3 or 4C overnight & was absolutely bitter when I got up this morning. The lad was struggling to get the fire really going. He usually leaves it for his dad or I to do. It still only feels like about 4 degrees though Willy Weather insists it's actually 8!😹 The house is finally starting to warm up but given our average June temps remain in double figures even the cats are feeling cold!😸
That is really cold for you. I won't speak of my temps right now...:oops:

And here's the cold old sunrise. brrrrr...
...❄❄❄...
The lad's got a few pots out in the bay @ present.

20200603_055714 (2).jpg

He had his wet weather gear on. :lau He reckons it works like a charm but his hands will be freezing!
No way to prevent that. Not when dealing with wet water. When I used to ice fish, I wore heavy gloves, but my hands never touched water. I just reeled in the fish, cut the leader and dropped it in the bucket (btw, it was frozen when it hit the bottom). Then take the rod inside the tent and warm the swivel by the fire, open it and put on another leader with bait. Gloves back on and rod reset over the hole. Temps ranged from -30C to -40C. Fun fact... -40C and F are the same, wonder how that happens?

Back
Top Bottom