Ribh's D'Coopage

She's considering her fence hopping options. She has more choices from up there. :lau
Hence exploring the whole world. Smart little girl. It will be sad day when they are enclosed. Now that Ned and Vicki with the hickey are contained. Yours are back to being the only escapees left. :(

Hence exploring the whole world. Smart little girl. It will be sad day when they are enclosed. Now that Ned and Vicki with the hickey are contained. Yours are back to being the only escapees left. :(
A sad day for whom? :lau I'm looking forward to not fretting every time I open that gate.

I went out after the storm had passed to check all my girls were roosting. Wrold wasn't. 🙄

I went & grabbed her & put her up on a roost & suddenly noticed she has denuded herself of all her underneath feathers. As I peered closer I noticed a white blob under her wattle... :sick
Another tick! I couldn't leave her like that overnight so in she came & didn't she make a kerfuffle! She really doesn't like the cats! Squwark! Squwark! She was loud. She was noisy. She was voluble. Her head kept swinging round to keep Kirby in sight while she screamed @ him, @ me, @ the complete indignity of the whole affair ~ all while I was trying to slather her with black ointment & hold onto her long enough for it to work.

20201028_183016.jpg

And the worst of it ~ not 1 but 2 ticks embedded under her wattle: a paralysis tick & a bush tick. I always check to make sure I've got the head so when I could still see something I wielded my tweezers yet again ~ & again.
She is slathered in black ointment just in case I missed any bits & back on a roost! So offended she scrambled onto the top roost! Gosh how I hate ticks!​
20201028_185249.jpg

Back
Top Bottom