Ribh's D'Coopage

Ribh

Weirder, stranger, quirkier, lovelier
Dec 18, 2018
Island, Australia
My Coop
My Coop
I might be able to get some Frizzles from Canberra. 🤔
If you are getting the frizzle breed be warned: standards are very big birds. Lavender was bigger than Soda but she couldn't fly @ all & was one of the few that could never escape the pen. They lay a good sized egg & are decent layers & any frizzle I've had has had a really sweet temperment. They do come bantam sized ~ on the larger size for bantams. My bantams are mixes so I can't say about egg size or broodiness.

Aussie-Chookmum

Obeying her avian masters
Premium Feather Member
Apr 20, 2019
Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
Sif this morning.
Her comb is reddening up again. Her poops are solid. She's more upright & getting her legs under her. Her feathers are really ratty but she's more alert than she has been. And whatever twisted her neck has sorted itself. Weird. I have no idea what is going on. She is dragging one leg & the toes are curling & her balance still seems off but she is moving around a lot when I let her out. I just have to watch the other 2 Vorwerks. A breed I'm not having again. Luna is having to beat them up to keep them in their place & they are attacking Sif.​
View attachment 2919614
It's great to hear Sif is making some improvement!
She's looking a bit better too I think. Her head is higher.
I hope she's turned the corner Ribh. :fl ❤️

LozzyR

First of her name, mother of chickens.
Premium Feather Member
Mar 30, 2019
NSW, Australia
If you are getting the frizzle breed be warned: standards are very big birds. Lavender was bigger than Soda but she couldn't fly @ all & was one of the few that could never escape the pen. They lay a good sized egg & are decent layers & any frizzle I've had has had a really sweet temperment. They do come bantam sized ~ on the larger size for bantams. My bantams are mixes so I can't say about egg size or broodiness.
The bantam frizzles can’t fly either, can they?

Top Bottom