Ribh's D'Coopage

China, my Aracauna, has also produced her 1st egg.
20240305_151804.jpg

I have managed to convince the chickens the house is their new coop & they have to be crated to roost.
They line up @ the door, squat & wait to be tucked into the crate. Ha'penny prefers to do the entire thing herself. The weird thing is they are as skittish as all get come until they step through that door & suddenly become very submissive little chickens.​
20240303_173339.jpg

Unfortunately India thinks this is the best place to produce her tiny blue egg.
She spent hours this morning investigating every nook & cranny while China crowed encouragement from outside.
20240307_100625.jpg

She settled for being wedged behind the open front door &...​

20240307_113737.jpg

eventually produced this.
About 5 hours all told this took.
I'm exhausted.

20240307_121813.jpg

You get a 2nd viewing of Ha'penny because Kirby stomped all over my keyboard & I can't be bothered to delete & reload everything.
20240303_173339.jpg

I have managed to convince the chickens the house is their new coop & they have to be crated to roost.
They line up @ the door, squat & wait to be tucked into the crate. Ha'penny prefers to do the entire thing herself. The weird thing is they are as skittish as all get come until they step through that door & suddenly become very submissive little chickens.​
View attachment 3765379
Unfortunately India thinks this is the best place to produce her tiny blue egg.
She spent hours this morning investigating every nook & cranny while China crowed encouragement from outside.
View attachment 3765380
She settled for being wedged behind the open front door &...​

View attachment 3765381
eventually produced this.
About 5 hours all told this took.
I'm exhausted.

View attachment 3765426

You get a 2nd viewing of Ha'penny because Kirby stomped all over my keyboard & I can't be bothered to delete & reload everything.
View attachment 3765379
House chickens! How wonderful for you to have their company at night.

The ‘weirder, stranger, quirkier and lovelier’ really is you!

I do everything to keep my chickens out of my house because they love to leave presents I do not appreciate 💩 .

Back
Top Bottom