Ribh's D'Coopage

The campines will just fly over the fence. You cannot contain them! [Cue evil laugh] Muhahahahahaha! FLY MY PRETTIES! FLY!
Ah well. ;) It's a good thing my big coop has a nice secure run attached. The run extension will not be an option for any of the new girls for some time yet. I need to know they know where *home* is & have enough trust in me not to have major conniptions if I follow them.

I believe that I integrated Maleficent and Aurora at a similar age. If you saying oh well to the quarantine, why not? I can see doing it now.
Well, you have waaay more experience than I do. I will try for Tuesday night knowing I have Wednesday to keep tabs on everybody & will be home to let my old girls into the bigger run.

@Ribh I beg your indulgence. I had the opportunity today to tour a private automobile
Well, you have waaay more experience than I do. I will try for Tuesday night knowing I have Wednesday to keep tabs on everybody & will be home to let my old girls into the bigger run.

Unfortunately I do have lots of integration experience. The key is to be there to observe so you can adjust.

I will be prepping next weekend by adjusting roosts and providing more "up" spaces to try and ease things. Adapting to what happens will be most important.

I mean to time mine for when the weather is good and I'm home for a week if possible. I will also be moving the cameras back into the complex so I can monitor without them knowing.

I have not done it on this scale before. I feel a little apprehensive right now but I know I can do it.

@Ribh I beg your indulgence. I had the opportunity today to tour a private automobile

Unfortunately I do have lots of integration experience. The key is to be there to observe so you can adjust.

I will be prepping next weekend by adjusting roosts and providing more "up" spaces to try and ease things. Adapting to what happens will be most important.

I mean to time mine for when the weather is good and I'm home for a week if possible. I will also be moving the cameras back into the complex so I can monitor without them knowing.

I have not done it on this scale before. I feel a little apprehensive right now but I know I can do it.
I seem to do big integrations. It was 8 last time so the numbers don't faze me & I know giving my big girls their extra space will really help ease tensions. However I'd prefer it all went as gently as possible. Breed specifications say both the araucanas & campines are quite timid. The Wyandottes not... but being bantams I don't expect them to be pushy.

Tueday will also give me a full week of being round most of the time too.

I seem to do big integrations. It was 8 last time so the numbers don't faze me & I know giving my big girls their extra space will really help ease tensions. However I'd prefer it all went as gently as possible. Breed specifications say both the araucanas & campines are quite timid. The Wyandottes not... but being bantams I don't expect them to be pushy.

Tueday will also give me a full week of being round most of the time too.

Sounds like it is time to go.

After talking with MJ I am going to move my new girls sooner rather than later. My thinking goes like this:
  • I've already screwed the quarrantine so it's not an issue.
  • I need somewhere for my broody who is now @ 3 weeks & counting
  • By Wednesday, the earliest possible time I could do this, the girls will have had 5 days of seeing each other through the wire with no major issues.
  • The little coop is too small & hot for the number of birds I have in there. Luckily they are mostly small so it's not major but more room for everyone would be better.
Anyone think I'm insane & should wait a little longer?
I can't help Ribh. I don't do integrations. All the newcomers are hatched here by mums and the mums do all that stuff.
On the few occasions I've had rescues here they've never integrated with an existing tribe. They just do their own thing.:confused:

Oh gosh. I don't know. One of mine seems to have a distinct beard...but they are very young. One is laying ~ just ~ apparently. Not sure about a crest yet. I haven't had a chance to have a good look @ any of them yet. I was very focused on getting them home in one piece, then getting them fed & watered while giving my older girls their run & a feed. No real pecking through the wire but the NOISE!! I'll post a video later.
Your Araucana’s appear to have beards and muffs rather than top knots like Alice...

Back
Top Bottom