Ribh's D'Coopage

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?
I love my birds. I do everything in my power to give them the best environment, the best food, enough space & not too many flock mates & still too much stuff is going wrong! It is making me feel terrible. I should be doing better than this! Yet last night I noticed my sweet Alpia had a watery eye. This morning she had full blown bubbles.😥

I swabbed her eye with warm water with a little betadine diluted in it & immediately separated her from the rest of the flock ~ which did not make her happy @ all! She has been telling me about it all morning.

View attachment 2158367

And boy! Did I get an earful!

She has food & water & some sun in the little coop & the 2nd swab I did, I did with a saline solution while giving her the once over in the Big Coop. Her eye is looking better but I am worried about MG. I have scheduled a vet appointment. She may be going to the mainland with us tomorrow or seeing the vet here on Thursday. I am hoping whatever it was I pulled of the lid was what has caused the problems but this is just the sweetest little hen ever. She is friendly, approachable, easily handled ~ not even a lot of squawking while I dabbed @ her eye! She deserves a long & healthy life ~ the best of everything. Instead I am watching her like a hawk for signs of respiratory illness. Any spare prayers for her health would be appreciated.

And yes, I posted in emergencies & diseases ~ only to have the MG suspicion confirmed. :( I've caught it early so hopefully that will make the difference.​
So sorry to hear that Ribh, praying that she recovers soon :)

So sorry to hear that Ribh, praying that she recovers soon :)
Thank you. It is treatable but not curable. Stress aggravates it so I have to make a call [because I live on an island] as to whether I stress her by transporting her or wait 2 days till the vet visits here. Unless she deteriorates overnight I will probably wait.

I have spoken to the vet, as opposed to the receptionist. So far I am doing everything right. We have moved Wrold into the small coop with Alpia to alleviate stress & help keep her warm tonight & so long as she doesn't deteriorate we will wait till Thursday for her Vet visit so she doesn't have to travel. She will then be medicated. Hopefully Wrold won't catch it also.

Baby, it's cold outside.
Even the weather forecasters are saying it doesn't feel as warm as they say it is!:D
Down into single digits.🥶
I know that's nothing for those of you who regularly experience snow & ice but they are novelties in this part of the world & this is just nasty. :(
View attachment 2157753
It does something to the view though. Dry winter pictures here have a particular quality.:confused:
Just what I was going to say Shad. The cold makes for good sunrises.🥰

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?
I love my birds. I do everything in my power to give them the best environment, the best food, enough space & not too many flock mates & still too much stuff is going wrong! It is making me feel terrible. I should be doing better than this! Yet last night I noticed my sweet Alpia had a watery eye. This morning she had full blown bubbles.😥

I swabbed her eye with warm water with a little betadine diluted in it & immediately separated her from the rest of the flock ~ which did not make her happy @ all! She has been telling me about it all morning.

View attachment 2158367

And boy! Did I get an earful!

She has food & water & some sun in the little coop & the 2nd swab I did, I did with a saline solution while giving her the once over in the Big Coop. Her eye is looking better but I am worried about MG. I have scheduled a vet appointment. She may be going to the mainland with us tomorrow or seeing the vet here on Thursday. I am hoping whatever it was I pulled of the lid was what has caused the problems but this is just the sweetest little hen ever. She is friendly, approachable, easily handled ~ not even a lot of squawking while I dabbed @ her eye! She deserves a long & healthy life ~ the best of everything. Instead I am watching her like a hawk for signs of respiratory illness. Any spare prayers for her health would be appreciated.

And yes, I posted in emergencies & diseases ~ only to have the MG suspicion confirmed. :( I've caught it early so hopefully that will make the difference.​
I have spoken to the vet, as opposed to the receptionist. So far I am doing everything right. We have moved Wrold into the small coop with Alpia to alleviate stress & help keep her warm tonight & so long as she doesn't deteriorate we will wait till Thursday for her Vet visit so she doesn't have to travel. She will then be medicated. Hopefully Wrold won't catch it also.
Oh no! I hope she recovers quickly.

It sounds like you are doing everything right to me Ribh.

All the hugs. :hugs:hugs:hugs

Baby, it's cold outside.
Even the weather forecasters are saying it doesn't feel as warm as they say it is!:D
Down into single digits.🥶
I know that's nothing for those of you who regularly experience snow & ice but they are novelties in this part of the world & this is just nasty. :(
View attachment 2157753
Same here. It’s like 7C at night now but colder with the rain

Back
Top Bottom