Ribh's D'Coopage

I hate tearing out my work...it's so disheartening! I have learned a lot from online tutoring, but like you said, some are better than others!
I usually see if there's a way to fix it before tearing out my work but fancy work tends to be extremely unforgiving of mistakes.

Yesterdays storms came with a severe weather warning so Mhari got shoved back in the big coop with everybody else. I don't like lone chickens when our weather turns nasty. She promptly got back in a nesting box. Consequentially she was the only dry chicken when it came to roosting time. Lavender looked like a wet dishrag. Everyone else was in various states of damp & bedraggled. As it isn't possible to dry everyone off they had to go to bed in that state. :( Only the bantams had gone to roost when I went out @ 6pm but everyone else was milling round in a state of distress. I lifted aside the curtain & Patricia promptly led the way upstairs with everyone else hot on her heels. The wind may have been putting everyone off.

We got quite a bit of largish hail as well as a huge amount of rain but the coop sheltered everyone well enough from the worst of it. I may need a shower curtain I can roll up to create a sheltered wall for when these sort of storms roll through. It's been a long time since we've had so much bad weather all @ once.
That sounds like a brutal day for humans and chickens alike. I'm glad everyone came through it safely.

The 1st time working a new pattern is always the hardest ~ unless I've got a really, really good instructor! :) After that I have a much better idea of what I'm doing & make far fewer mistakes.
Yep, same here!
My husband is always teasing me...saying things like, that sure is a waste of a good ball of string...putting all those knots in it and do you need me to help you pull any stitches out...he's such a comedian...:gig

Yep, same here!
My husband is always teasing me...saying things like, that sure is a waste of a good ball of string...putting all those knots in it and do you need me to help you pull any stitches out...he's such a comedian...:gig
Funny. My man calls it knotting too ~ but he wants to make money out of it. I'm not sure I'm good enough for that or that there's enough interest in hand made things anymore.

Funny. My man calls it knotting too ~ but he wants to make money out of it. I'm not sure I'm good enough for that or that there's enough interest in hand made things anymore.
That's too funny! Your work is beautiful, you could always try and sell some...you'll never know unless you try! We'd starve to death...I'm much too slow... :lol:

This is the pattern I'm doing for my grandsons ocean blanket...this is the deep water color. I had to stop because of tendonitis in my right elbow...I hope I can complete it! I'm working it from the top down to have the waves go in the direction that I want them to!
20201031_183831.jpg

That's too funny! Your work is beautiful, you could always try and sell some...you'll never know unless you try! We'd starve to death...I'm much too slow... :lol:

This is the pattern I'm doing for my grandsons ocean blanket...this is the deep water color. I had to stop because of tendonitis in my right elbow...I hope I can complete it! I'm working it from the top down to have the waves go in the direction that I want them to!
View attachment 2394850
That's lovely. I love the blue colour. I usually have to stay away from those lovely darker shades. My eyes can't manage them any more. :(

That's lovely. I love the blue colour. I usually have to stay away from those lovely darker shades. My eyes can't manage them any more. :(
Thank you, I spent a month picking out the yarn & colors! The colors will get lighter as I go along! I have all of the living room lights on, so I know exactly what you're talking about! 😊

Back
Top Bottom