Ribh's D'Coopage

Speaking of a lack of warmth...good morning from my snowy yard. A view of my coop!
20210127_075924.jpg

I think in would wait until she is done snuggling. Just me. 😁

I'm sure you would. :lol: But she really needs to be with her people. I brought her in as her left eye seemed to be bothering her & she kept it lidded most of the day & dozed pretty much all day ~ a lot of it on me as I was worried about her. She was a lot perkier by roosting time & seems her usual self this morning. I'm thinking those crazy feathers of hers might have poked her in the eye @ some point.

Plus juggling my nut jobs is being rather difficult just now. After last night's shenanigans I let the little girls go to roost then dropped the pop door & let Wrold & Hepzibah go bonkers in the little coop run. No way was I attempting Hepzibah in the coop with the Littlies. Wrold was quite bad enough! They wouldn't have have a terribly comfortable night [though perfectly safe!] as they roosted on the coop ladder & about 2am there was a massive downpour. Perfectly dry this morning & neither are stupid so I imagine they managed to stay dry. They are in the big run now preening. The Littlies have their whole coop & the big girls will stay in theirs until I get back from the vet with Patricia.

That's so sweet! I hope she is feeling much better! 💞

Thanks Rene. I don't think there was terribly much wrong though for a while there I had visions of lugging 2 chickens down to the vet. :( I think I need to keep a bit of an eye on the feathers around her eyes.

When I let them out this morning Olivia came right over to me. I think she had visions of another peaceful day in the Big Coop with me! :lol: She seems to have lost all fear of me. Amazing how a little nursing [even my inept sort of nursing] bonds the chickens to me.

Back
Top Bottom