Ribh's D'Coopage

I haven't finished a video of needle felting a chook yet but I have taken some still photos showing different stages for anyone who is interested.

The "skeleton" or armature that the piece is built around.
View attachment 2639388

Wire feet with toe nails bent over and painted.
View attachment 2639389

Beginning to wrap the skeleton.
View attachment 2639390

Wool fibre laid out to wrap the head end of the chook
View attachment 2639391

Wrapping
View attachment 2639392

Stabbing with a felting needle to hold in place.
View attachment 2639393

Lightly felted to hold in place. This will need lots more stabbing to felt firmly, then lots more wool added and needle felted to get the shape of a hen.
View attachment 2639394

This is the piece I'm currently working on. You can see she looks lot more like a hen! I'm attempting to make her look like my RIR Deana who is quite a ...er, "round" girl.
View attachment 2639395

This gives an idea of how much wool is needed to build up the shape.
View attachment 2639396

Almost ready to start adding her feathers, comb and wattles!
View attachment 2639397
Oh wow, this is just amazing, I can't wait to see your video! Thank you for sharing! 💞

I misnamed this thread when I began it.
I should have called it Ribh's Chicken Flea Circus! 🙄
Why? Need you ask?

So yesterday I called all my girls home. The Big Girls all recognise the blue willow pattern teacup & know when I have that very special treats indeed are on offer. Everyone came hooting ~ even Morrigu. No lagers @ all. I was so happy...

Until I went to round up my little ones. Usually they are super easy & happy to be safe in their coop but yesterday I was one short so I started looking. I thought Oshina was just being mad, bad & dangerous to know. I thought she had somehow got lost in my wilderness of a garden. For the life of me I couldn't understand why she had separated from the smaller girls.

The answer soon became distressingly evident; she had been caught in one of the lad's stray crab pots! How she got in there who knows! Why she got in evades both logic & reason. What became distressingly evident was she couldn't get out & was panicked & stressed. We had to cut her out. 🙄 She wasn't the only one super stressed before we were done!

View attachment 2640246
Poor baby! Hopefully she will steer clear of them in the future. So glad she was uninjured! 💗

I promised to update everyone. The time has come for my poor Isabel. I just called to start the arrangements. She is laying in front of the TV. When I went to check on her, Éowyn came with me and groomed her head. It was so sweet and something Isabel would never allow.

I say this so if you notice my mood to be off or that I'm missing, this is why.

She has had a glorious 17.5 years. I cry for me, not for her. But none the less I am already grieving.

I will make certain Davis and Éowyn get to see her afterwards and I am planning to bury her next to her best friend, Pungie, our dog.

My sweet old lady.
View attachment 2641080View attachment 2641081
So sorry Bob! She was a very special girl for your family! :hugs :hugs

You can crossbreed Caracals with Abyssinians to create a Caracat!!!

View attachment 2641667

Savannahs are a crossbreed of Bengal and Serval. I love these hybrid cats!!!
View attachment 2641683
Savannahs are basically Dog sized cats.

This is a Serval, in case you're wondering.
View attachment 2641698
I had a Bengal...she was amazing! She was extremely fast and her claws were sharper than any cat I've ever had. Her fur glittered in the sun, like she'd been sprinkled with gold dust! She was also very long! Miss this sweet girl!
Jasmine...aka Jazzy! 💗
Jasmine.JPG

Last edited:
Sadly Bengals are a cat that get's abandoned often. They are high energy, very needy & destructive when their needs aren't met. My friends in rescue want much better education before people are allowed one.
They are definitely high energy! Mine was a little more laid back than my son's! People definitely need to educate themselves better before buying any animals, so sad when they are abandoned!

Back
Top Bottom