Ribh's D'Coopage

So weird. She still needs to grow her tail back & I haven't checked under her wings yet where a lot of her barring used to be. She's one bird I didn't get for her looks. I've always thought she looked more like a rooster than anything else but she's a Barred Rock & they are such good layers & super hardy I added her in. Her breeder thought her barring might come in with her 1st moult but in fact each moult has seen her whiter & whiter. Now I have this almost all white, brighter than bright chicken with a very large comb & wattles.
That is just so very interesting!

Colour flooded the sky & water with this morning's sunrise.
20210509_060227.jpg

I don't know. Am thinking the coccidia weakened her immune system but there is no sign of it in anyone now & the whole flock's been treated as well as for worms & lice.

I do know the Vorwerks are on the endangered list here. Last survey I saw had only 98 breeders with 858 breeding pairs. They are considered in recovery but that is a very small gene pool ~ but then Campines & Frizzles are still considered @ risk with 1/2 the numbers & fewer breeders. When I added to my flock again I wanted more Golden Campines but my local breeder didn't have any last twice ~ & no~one was carrying them. I looked & looked as they are always my 1st bird of choice. I love my madwomen! A lot of the birds I've chosen are on the rarer side out here so I guess I can expect more problems because of that. Our import regulations are super strict so the genes pools could be a lot better.
Yeah that would make it hard to improve the gene pool if you can't get new animals to contribute. Hopefully you will be able to get some new Campines soon!

Yeah that would make it hard to improve the gene pool if you can't get new animals to contribute. Hopefully you will be able to get some new Campines soon!
I will have to wait now. I have 23 birds & I think that's about my maximum, even given so many are bantams.

Back
Top Bottom