Ribh's D'Coopage

Just a few chicken pictures to offset all those cats!:rolleyes::p
PA130442.JPG
PA150484.JPG
PA170528.JPG
PA170548.JPG

Am I seeing some shortened beaks there, Shad? What are you doing for those?
The hen in the first picture has had at some point something done to her beak I would guess. It does go to enough of a point to allow her to groom though.
If it was worse, I would try and reshape it enough to give her a point on it.
There is another hen who has side growth on her beak though and that I will try and do something about as soon as I've dealt with some of the more critical issues.
There is an awful lot to do here Ribh. Not just stuff to do with general health, but to do with run security and coop repairs.

The hen in the first picture has had at some point something done to her beak I would guess. It does go to enough of a point to allow her to groom though.
If it was worse, I would try and reshape it enough to give her a point on it.
There is another hen who has side growth on her beak though and that I will try and do something about as soon as I've dealt with some of the more critical issues.
There is an awful lot to do here Ribh. Not just stuff to do with general health, but to do with run security and coop repairs.
Yes, it looks rather overwhelming from where I sit but I imagine you're in your element.

Yes, it looks rather overwhelming from where I sit but I imagine you're in your element.
A major issue is many are moulting. There are some mediications that one shouldn't give to moulting chickens and unfortunatley some such as Panacur work fast and require less dosing.
Also, because they are moulting trying to decided if they are not eating properly because they are moulting or because they are sick becomes more difficult.

Back
Top Bottom