Ridiculous new Ebay rules

Cara

Songster
12 Years
Aug 30, 2007
NM
I'm beginning to think they are intentionally trying to drive sellers away.

Optional buyer charges for shipping insurance removed: The insurance option creates the perception that buyers need to purchase shipping insurance as a protection on eBay, an experience they're not accustomed to on other ecommerce sites. In fact, sellers have always been responsible for their items until they arrive safely in their customers' hands. That's why shipping insurance will no longer be included in the purchase flow as either an option or requirement for buyers.

Of course you can choose to purchase insurance on shipments, but not ask buyers to buy insurance separately. In some categories like Antiques, Collectibles, and Jewelry, shipping insurance for sellers is essential.​

Not again!
tongue.gif

Cara, I was gonna put some eggs up, but it was too much with all the rules and what not. I dont' know how folks deal with that all the time.

This was really frustrating. Personally I get insurance on items that are super-fragile, but then there are things like books that I'm not too concerned about. Why stick these charges on the seller? The only time I wouldn't offer insurance is if I were paying the shipping to try and get an item to move.

I listed my first item with the new insurance rules, and I wrote it with the obvious but hidden meaning that if they want to add options to their shipments, to please contact me directly after the bidding process.

What a pain in the chicken butt!

Back
Top Bottom