Ringneck Pheasant Trio

Quote:

I HATE TO SAY IT BUT I THINK OLD DUKE IS AT LEAST PARTIALLY CORRECT. THEY CERTAINLY ARENT 100% RED GOLDEN. I BELEIVE THE SMALLER 1 TO BE A HEN AND THE DIFFERENCE VISUALLY IS LESS, SO SHE DOESNT LOOK SO OFF, THE THE COCK THAT PACING IS WAY OFF. I COULDNT SAY FOR SURE WHAT SPECULATION HIS LINEAGE IS BUT RING NECK MAY NOT BE OUT OF THE QUESTION--- HE HAS THE RINGNECK CAP AND OTHER MARKING THAT DEFINATELY MAKE HIM SUSPECT.

Might mount him next to that chupacabra....
lol.png

I have raised seven red golden roos from Eggs.and they are one year old now not counting the hens.they never looked anything like the one in the vidio or pic. have two red golden crossed with a ringneck and the cross look just like the one you have.

I couldn't see the video very clearly, but the picture makes things much better. That is definitely a ring-neck cross, with what I don't know, and the smaller bird is a young male red golden. That is not a hen or at least it doesn't look like any I have or have seen. You can see his cape forming on his head already. Also the top of his head is becoming a reddish color which will eventually become bright yellow or golden.

I won't speculate whether or not he is a cross or hybrid & I certainly am not saying anything bad about them. I would really love to see pictures of the ring-neck in about 2 months when he has all of his feathers just to see what he looks like. I am not a hybrid breeder but I do think they are beautiful birds, plus I have never seen a ring-neck / golden cross. I would trust Tony K T & JJMR794's opinions. These guys have been at it longer than I have
smile.png

Have to agree with oleduke. Legs on a golden should be yellow and they do not have the red around the eyes as ringneck males do. They may color out into beautiful birds, but I would not be very happy with the seller if he sold them as pure red goldens.

Quote:
Funny how people comment on things when it has nothing to do with your post....

Like everyone else is saying...they arent pure ecspecially from the pic you have on here of them they look golden/ringneck cross. sorry i work most of the week and have many other things to do i wasnt monitoring your post. no harm done but i dont want you selling them as red goldens....since there not.

Thanks, Like I said earlier this is my first time raising Pheasants. I'm very disappointed that this guy sold me bogus birds and I wont be breeding this pair actually thought about returning them..... I have several others breeders I have bought some Goldens and they do have yellow legs and appear to be like the pics you have on your site Solarquail. So we will see how they mature. If not than apparently alot sell bogus pheasants..... Because I have bought from 4 different people.
idunno.gif

Quote:
WHEN IT COMES TO GOLDENS AND LADY AMS YOU MIGHT BE VERY CORRECT IN THIS STATEMENT. ALOT OF INTERBREEDING HAS OCCURED BETWEEN THE 2 AND THERE'S ALOT OF FOLKS OUT THERE THAT REALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE DOING OR WHAT THEY HAVE... 1 BAD CROSS CONTAMINATES THE GENE POOL. TO SOMEONE NOT EDUCATED IN THESE BIRDS IT LOOKS ENOUGH LIKE WHAT ITS SUPPOSED TO BE THAT THEY DONT CATCH THE DIFFERENCE, THEN THEY USE IT TO BREED AND IT CONTINUES ON DOWN THE LINE.... IT DOESNT HELP THAT THEY DONT COLOR OUT QUICKLY EITHER... TAKING A YEAR OR MORE TO GET ADULT COLORING JUST ALLOWS THIS MISTAKE TO HAPPEN ALL THAT MUCH EASIER.

I agree 100%
Quote:
WHEN IT COMES TO GOLDENS AND LADY AMS YOU MIGHT BE VERY CORRECT IN THIS STATEMENT. ALOT OF INTERBREEDING HAS OCCURED BETWEEN THE 2 AND THERE'S ALOT OF FOLKS OUT THERE THAT REALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE DOING OR WHAT THEY HAVE... 1 BAD CROSS CONTAMINATES THE GENE POOL. TO SOMEONE NOT EDUCATED IN THESE BIRDS IT LOOKS ENOUGH LIKE WHAT ITS SUPPOSED TO BE THAT THEY DONT CATCH THE DIFFERENCE, THEN THEY USE IT TO BREED AND IT CONTINUES ON DOWN THE LINE.... IT DOESNT HELP THAT THEY DONT COLOR OUT QUICKLY EITHER... TAKING A YEAR OR MORE TO GET ADULT COLORING JUST ALLOWS THIS MISTAKE TO HAPPEN ALL THAT MUCH EASIER.

Back
Top Bottom