Ringneck Pheasants- post your pics or questions.

Yep, switched them to a 22% Gamebird Grower crumble. Seperated some of the runts into another pen so they have less competition for food if that was maybe the problem.

I would start adding pellets into their feed and get rid of the crumble.Crumble is mainly for young birds.Adults should be on pellets as soon as they can.And they should be on a medicated feed.Only give meds when needed.
In N.H.,Tony.

The grower pellets are several bucks more per bag than the grower crumble, and otherwise they are the identical product, content, etc so I'm trying to save a buck by going with the crumble. Also just started supplementing with sprouted grains for some variety in the run as they have already picked a 1000 sqft outside run bare.

The chicks had a long, rough trip from McFarlane in Wisconsin to me in BC and I had a high initial mortality rate so I followed the recommendation of the hatchery and kept them on medicated starter for the first 8 weeks to limit their vulnerability. They rebounded well, but I'm concerned about the uneven sizing.

They should be mature by about a year old. They usually start laying in the spring when the weather starts warming up.

Thanks! I was hoping to get some that are a few months old so they could hopefully lay in mid spring.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom