RiP Audrey Hepburn - Bantam SS.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Jferlisi, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    So we moved to arizona in the middle of september and haven't had a problem with coyotes yet. Well that all ended today. On the way home for lowes today we saw a coyote running across the street from the corner of the property. The back of the property is up against a wash and we have a 6 foot cinder block wall. So i went into the back yard and notice all the chickens were laying under the bushes very silent. So i went over and counted them all and notice that one of my light brahma's wasn't there or in the coop and i cant remember if audrey was there or not. So i started looking around and noticed white feathers all over and found teresa in the corner by the house. She was missing alot of feathers but only had a cut or two that weren't deep. So i put her in the coop to rest up and gave her some meal worms which she ate up, so she is eating which is a good thing. So a little later i went out to check on her and she how she was doing and noticed audrey wasn't in the coop. We searched for about 45 minutes on the property and around it and the only signs of her were feathers on the floor and a trail of chicken poop on the wall. She turned one november 2.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. egglicious

egglicious Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    She was just beautiful. I am so very sorry. [​IMG]

3. Jferlisi

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    Quote:She was thanks. I think she started laying again today too, so im going to incubate the egg and hope its fertile.

4. egglicious

egglicious Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    Quote:She was thanks. I think she started laying again today too, so im going to incubate the egg and hope its fertile.

[​IMG]

5. <3 N.C Chicken Chick <3

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2011
    Jacksonville N.C
    I'am sorry for your loss. She was verry pretty. [​IMG] for the eggs

6. Jferlisi

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    Just to let you all know. The egg was not fertile. [​IMG]

7. theoldchick