RIP Baby (8wk old) had to be euthanized

I'm really sorry about the little one. I dont believe in our cases, it had anything to do with vitamin deficiencies. Could be that there was a weakness in the muscles that held the tendon in place, who knows? Hope we never have to deal with it again.

The Rainbow Bridge
- - Author Unknown

There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the "Rainbow Bridge" because of it's many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. The old and frail animals are young again. Those who are maimed are made whole again. They play all day with each other.

There is only one thing missing. They are not with their special person who loved them on Earth. So each day they run and play until the day comes when all those pets you have loved suddenly stop playing and look into the distance. Their bright eyes are intent, their eager bodies quiver. Suddenly they begin to run from the group, flying over the green grass, their legs carrying them faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friends meet, you take them in your arms and embrace in a joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face, your hands again caress the beloved heads and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pets, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together. Never again to be separated.

I found one...

Yes Cyn, I hope nobody has to go through anything horrible with their chicks but it seems there is more to deal with than so many other of God's Creatures that I have worked wioth. I did feral cat rescue for 17 years and of course there are tragedies, etc...maybe these are all just new/different health issues I have to become familiar with - which is why I've read a zillion posts on this forum along with 8+ books I've bought and read (the "+" being if/when I find another one !!)

Thank you SC for the Rainbow Bridge poem. I have it framed on my wall due to the cat rescue work I did . Won't it be a hoot to be greeted by hundreds of cats, my dogs who have gone on before me, and the chickens??!
love.gif

Someone on here wrote a poem about a chicken leaving this earth too soon and that is also one I would love to be able to find. It was beautiful (kinda along the lines of the Rainbow Bridge) and I would love to frame it on my wall also if I could find the author and get their permission. Uh, first my mission is to find the poem and I have NO IDEA what to search for.

Thanks to all you BYC'ers for your kind words, this has not been my first loss but for some reason it has been the most difficult.
idunno.gif

Jennifer

Back
Top Bottom